Popular Posts

Saturday, February 11, 2012

If a cactus falls do the thorns stay on?

I am listening to Santa Lucia on the Italian station, it’s 80 outside, I’ve had a shower, the dogs are dead out; I’m waiting for Godot here. Actually, we’re going to dinner at a cowboy bar later (oh be still my heart), and I may have to take the dogs for another walk and really lift the rock I want and drag it back to the bago.
We’re camped in Cave Creek, on top of Phoenix. The hiking is more marginal here as off trail is a mine field of stickers and thorns. I took Lucy’s off with a pair of pliers. Anna is foot sore and lays down a lot if I’m climbing uphill; she has remarkable recovery skills if a bunny bops by – she is less eager by the day – they are fast – coyotes all over the place. I go to sleep at night to their yips and calls. I would gush over the sunrises and sunsets, but hey, this is Arizona after all. What else is there to gush over?
I’ve also landed in cactus wren heaven – I watched a male display today – hey, I said to myself – ya need to brush up on the ballroom moves. I saw my first black-throated sparrow today – now there is a handsome dude. He knew how to play hard to get.
The new Elizabeth George is getting me through this week – what a fabulous series she created. I always feel like I’m standing in front of her characters.

Next week we visit Bob and the parrot Herman again – always a good thing – then off to Tucson for a few days. Barb and Ron are hosting their daughter and her new sweetheart in Sedona after that and if I could make up my mind I would know where I’m going.
Love and hugs from clueless in Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment